Dealing with infertility can be one of the biggest challenges for any marriage. The repetitive fertility procedures and failed cycles, besides putting a strain on a couple’s finances, could also end up causing a lot of emotional and mental turmoil in their relationship.
During times like these, it becomes a necessary to make conscious efforts towards keeping your relationship strong.
Here are 5 ways in which you can keep your marriage strong during your infertility Treatment
Communicate with each other regularly
- Tell your partner what you want. Ask them what they feel. Many wives feel left out when their husbands do not attend doctors’ appointments with them. In such cases, it is better to be direct and ask your husband to accompany you.
- Taking regular hormone injections for infertility treatment can also cause mood swings and periods of intense emotional turmoil in the female partner. This could be unsettling for the husband who might think that his wife is not the same person he married. In turn, the wife may accuse the husband of not being understanding and supportive.
- Whenever you face such situations, do take time to pause and reflect. Make efforts to clear all your misunderstandings with honest communication at the end of each day.
Understand that you are a team
- Usually in a marriage, it is one person who suffers from infertility issues. However, this should not result in the first partner feeling superior to the other. Not only will this promote guilt and shame in the other partner but it would be detrimental to the long-term health of your relationship.
- Understand that as a married couple, you are a team, which is battling infertility. In order to win against infertility, you have to support each other consistently, like a team.